- The Aperture sculpture is a defining landmark for University of Lethbridge and its students. The aperture sculpture helps reflect light which fits well with the school’s motto as it is a metaphor for the light that is brought about by institutional studies and research.
- The University of Lethbridge released a university song in 2017 made by alumnus John Ward Hammond called “Let it Shine on” which captures the spirit and essence of University of Lethbridge
- A cool tradition at the University of Lethbridge is to touch the pronghorn statue outside the University Library for some good luck before your exams.
- The school motto is “fiat lux” which is Latin for “let there be light”
- On the 40th anniversary of the school in 2007, the university unveiled its mascot: Luxie the Pronghorn. Pronghorns are the fastest land mammal in the Western Hemisphere.
- The University has got some alumni pride in terms of the Olympics since the school has a total of 8 Olympians, 2 olympic medals and 1 paralympian!
Published on September 7, 2021