Top Clubs/Organizations To Join At McGill University

Photo by Austin Distel on Unsplash

Being involved around campus should be a top priority for any student as it is a great way to make friends, explore your interests and become a part of the student community. Through the Student Society of McGill University (SSMU), the school offers over 230 clubs, 15 student-run Services and 12 independent student groups. Whether it’s joining an international development organization in Borderless World Volunteers or joining the prestigious McGill Muggle Quidditch Club, there are plenty of ways to get involved within the McGill community. To get a taste of what McGill has to offer, students are encouraged to attend Activities Night, a club fair where all of the 230+ student groups set up tables in the SSMU Building. This is a great opportunity for students to engage with club executives and put their contact information to show interest and receive notifications from each club. 

Depending on which faculty or program you are in, students should look to join academic associations affiliated with their respective faculty/program. For example if you are planning to major in Political Science, there are great opportunities for you to get involved within the PSSA (Political Science Students Association). No matter what, students will have widespread opportunities to get involved, which is a great way of meeting new people, making friends, and learning new things! Below I am going to list some of the top clubs at McGill based on popularity with students. 

Published on September 7, 2021

About Pardeep T

Hi, my name is Pardeep, and I just recently finished my fourth year at McGill University. I studied political science and urban studies, and I am looking forward to pursuing a master’s degree in real estate to help positively shape the built environment and society for decades to come. In my free time, I enjoy playing sports, travelling, reading, and meeting new people.