As we know College is expensive and financial stress is something we do not want you to have to worry about. That’s why we are going to be listing the top scholarships and bursaries at Algonquin College! These bursaries and scholarships will be awarded to those students who need financial assistance.
The hours of operation at Algonquin College may be altered due to COVID-19. Contact the services you may require in advance.
OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program)
OSAP is one of the most common financial aid programs designed to help Ontario students afford university and college. OSAP provides students with grants, bursaries and loans based on financial needs. On the OSAP website you can also choose a grant only finding. You would not receive any loans and therefore would not have to pay them back. For more information about OSAP go to their website at https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-about-osap.
Indpsire is an Indigenous national charity that is designed to aid students of First Nations, Métis and Inuit descent across Canada. Indspire provides bursaries and scholarships for Indigenous students who need financial assistance for their post-secondary learning. Indpsire is also not associated with the government of Canada. For more information about Indspire go to their website at https://indspire.ca/about/.
Algonquin College Financial Assistance
AC Aid : Entrance Scholarships
There are $1,000 entrance scholarships offered to students who are full-time degree students, with an average of 80% or higher in Grade 12.
Criteria for entrance scholarships:
- Have a grade 12 GPA of 80% or higher
- Confirmation of admissions before May 1st
- You must be a Canadian or permanent Resident
- You must apply for one of the non-collaborative degree programs
- You must enter Level 1 of your program
AC Aid Entrance Bursaries, applications are available from June 15 – August 16, 2021.
Criteria for the entrance bursaries:
- You must be a first year Algonquin College Student
- Apply for the bursary online and through your online account at ACSIS
- You have to be approved for OSAP
- You must be entering a Level 1 eligible program
- You must have financial needs
- Note: If you are an international student, in an Apprenticeship, Bridging Contract and Graduate Certificate programs cannot apply for this bursary.
- These entrance bursaries are based on the financial needs of students, you are not always guaranteed a bursary as there is a large number of students who apply each year.
You could win up to $5,000 towards your tuition.
- Answer one easy question in 140 Characters or less ( Question: What do you hope to change by coming to Algonquin College?)
- The answer must be in English
- Must be 140 characters long
- 1 answer per person
- The answer must be meaningful, unique and strong.
You can win if:
- You are a resident of Canada, not including Quebec
- You must be a full-time registered student in the 2021/2022 academic year
From for the contest: JUST FILL OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE TO ENTER.
Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence
The Weston Family Foundation supports 165 Algonquin College students in the skilled trades with the Weston Family Scholarship. 365 awards will be given to students in the Pembroke, Ottawa and Perth Campuses. It is given to those students in the transportation, manufacturing and construction sectors. The Scholarships range from $1,500 to $3,000 applied to your student accounts.
Cross College Awards
Graduating students or those who are nominated by a fellow student, faculty member or others in the community. There are 4 different Cross College awards;
- President Rosser Award
- Steve Stafford Memorial Continuing Education Award
- Robert C. Gillett Leadership Award
- International House Award
Other Cross College awards:
- Wybourn Award
- Student Services Call Representative Awards
- Ontario Remembrance Scholarship
- Malaya Roberts Beautifully Different Award
- Governor General’s Medal
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-727-0002
Students’ Association Awards
- Ed Ireland Athletic Bursaries
- Student Athletic Bursaries
- Award of Excellence
- Faculty Recognition – Excellence in Teaching Award
- Faculty Recognition Certificates
- Terry Kohls Memorial Award
- Men’s and Women’s Soccer – $500/term
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball – $500/term
- Men’s and Women’s Volleyball $500/term
For more information contact: Martha Peak Woodroffe Campus, A121A (613) 727-4723 Ext. 5330 E-mail: email@example.com
Fall bursaries will open August 24, 2021 until October 4, 2021. These bursaries will be applied to your Winter 2022 tuition unless you are graduating.
There is a list of bursaries you can apply to on the Algonquin College website under the Fall bursaries tab, there is a Winter and Spring bursaries tab as well when it becomes open to students.
Using this link you can go through each area of study and look at the different bursaries that are available in each section.
Under the Awards and Scholarships tab on the Algonquin College website, there are scholarships and bursaries to be won under each area of study. Check it out to see if you are eligable! Don’t let financial stressors stop you from having the best college experience you can, let Algonquin College help you, that’s what they are there for! Goodluck!